I’m not kidding.
This morning my grandfather’s house literally exploded. Apparently there was a gas leak in the basement with no ventilation for it to escape, so the basement filled with gas and somehow ignited. When that happened the house exploded!
According to my sister who was there this morning (along with a fleet of emergency crews and news cameras) there is nothing left of the house at all. The only fragment of structure that remains is the kitchen where his wife was at the time of the explosion. Somehow she managed to escape the explosion by climbing out the kitchen window. Everything else around her was completely destroyed. Thankfully she wasn’t hurt, although there were a number of pets who were killed by the blast and all of their possessions were destroyed.
Below is a photo taken from the News 10 NBC report of the explosion. Once there is video available I’ll see what I can do to get it up.
Update: There is now video of the news report on News 10 NBC’s Website.
And here is the story from the RNews site.